14.3.12

Entrevista a Pamela Love




Pamela Love es una diseñadora de accesorios sumamente talentosa, con un estilo bohemio/tribal/rockero que me fascina. Así que aprovechando que Georgina Duarte (diseñadora de Amandina y ser humano sumamente increíble) anduvo en NY haciendo un internship con Pamela, le pedí el favor de filtrarle algunas preguntas para el blog, y aquí están las respuestas.




Who? Pamela Love.
What? Jewelry designer.


Tell us a little bit about how you got involved with design.
I learned to make jewelry while working as a stylist for various photo shoots and videos. I kept finding myself struggling to find the exact piece of jewelry that I wanted for a specific photograph or film, so I eventually became an apprentice in the Diamond District so I could learn the trade. I started my brand making jewelry out of my basement, and the business blossomed from that necessity into a legitimate passion and fulfilling career. 


So far what has been the most memorable moment in your career as a jewelry designer? 
Winning runner-up for the CFDA fashion fund 2011.


Besides fashion, what are your other passions?
Music and painting.


What are your top 3 places to visit in NY?
1. Natural History Museum
2. The Strand Bookstore
3. Brooklyn Flea Market


What's on your bookshelf at the moment?
Swamplandia by Karen Russell and Dennis Johnson’s Jesus’ Son. 






Todas las imágenes fueron tomadas por Georgina Duarte durante la presentación de la colección SS.2012 en NY.

1 comentario:

Share the love!